Memory Verse: ‘’And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.” --2Kings 2:15
Bible Text: Acts 9:1-9
Generally speaking, a spiritual breakthrough is an experience of a new and unprecedented level of spiritual state/status (2Kings 2:11-15). In Christian circles, a spiritual breakthrough can be described as a time when a person is saved, gains a deeper understanding of biblical truth, receives answer
First Outline: BIBLICAL INSTANCES
There are several examples of people who experience spiritual breakthroughs in the Bible. Here are some of them:
1. The Pentecost experience (Acts 2:3-14).
2. The encounter of Saul of Tarsus with Jesus (Acts 9:1-9).
3. The answers to Daniel’s prayers (Daniel 10:11-13).
4. Elisha’s anointing (2Kings 2:9-15).
5. The removal of the curse placed on the city of Jericho (Joshua 6:26; 2Kings 2:19-22).
6. The working of miracles by the Apostles (Acts 5:15-16, 19:11-12).
7. Peter’s experience on the roof top (Acts 10:9-15).
Second Outline: HOW TO EXPERIENCE IT
A breakthrough is not a coincidence. It takes place in the lives of those who have been carefully selected by God. God chooses whoever He wills (Psalm 115:3). He can show mercy on anyone as He pleases (Romans 9:15-16). However, you have to be committed to God and live a sacrificial life (2Kings 2:1-14). The Apostles went an extra mile for God and got their spiritual breakthroughs. You must be willing to pray fervently, fast and persevere (Matthew 17:21; James 5:17-18). You must be ready to endure to the end focusing your attention on the Lord Jesus Christ and the things that are heavenly (Hebrews 12:1-2). Making it to Heaven is a spiritual breakthrough (John 14:1-6).
Spiritual breakthrough is the mother of all breakthroughs as it depicts the believers’ access into the spiritual realm to control the physical (John 3:27).